GEM allows you to view, capture, and save magnified images when using the Freedom Scientific TOPAZ PHD and TOPAZ XL HD Desktop Magnifier to your computer
Using hot keys or the graphical user interface, you can quickly and easily step through or jump to multiple images captured by GEM.
Groups of images can automatically be saved to any designated folder on your computer. These same images are easily identified using either the default or customized base name along with a time stamp. Hot key input directly from your computer keyboard allows you to manipulate camera views, change magnification, select color modes, and control other TOPAZ XL HD functions on the fly.
If OpenBook is installed on the same computer; you can send captured images from the TOPAZ XL HD to OpenBook for OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
GEM is a downloadable program, no need to wait for shipping. Purchase from us online and receive details for your log in for a quick and easy download.
- Toggle between your PC view and the camera view, or work with both at the same time in a split screen.
- Install the optional GEM software and connect to the USB port on the TOPAZ XL.
- Split the screen horizontally or vertically to best suit the task.
- Capture and save images from your TOPAZ HD. For instance, see your bills and your banking Web site on your PC at the same time.
- Quickly and accurately enter the payment amount and date, then save an image of the bill on your PC.
- Your computer needs the following minimum system requirements to run GEM.
- Microsoft Windows 8 or Windows 7 operating systems
- 1 GHz or faster processor 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 60 MB available hard disk space for program installation
- DirectX 9.1 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 driver or later
- USB 2.0 port for connection to the desktop magnifier camera