Ruby 10" - NEW!
We are pleased to announce the newest addition to the RUBY family:
The RUBY 10"
A versatile low vision solution for everyday activities.
It is a 10-inch touchscreen video magnifier with optional text to speech and advanced viewing modes.
Perfect for individuals who want a larger screen and desktop capabilities in a portable package.
The RUBY 10 video magnifier has a 10-inch touchscreen and three dedicated cameras for distance, reading and full-page OCR. The RUBY 10 can magnify letters, magazines, labels, and photos
The swing-out arm allows you to view items in your hand and write. When extended, on the speech model, the arm also enables full-page OCR. With a touch of a button, you can scan pages and have them read aloud to you. The third camera is dedicated to seeing objects at a short distance such as signs and menus on a wall.
RUBY 10 is available with and without Speech.
- Magnify from 2X to 24X
- Touchscreen and tactile buttons
- Portable and lightweight
- Magnify small objects and fine print
- See objects at a short distance
- Save scanned images and documents
- Connect an external display via Miracast or USB
- Connect a headset to listen to documents privately (speech model)
- Scan and read full-page documents (speech model)
- Unique, Patent Pending Viewing Modes improve contrast and maximise comfort
Unique Viewing Modes:
The RUBY 10 introduces unique, patent-pending viewing modes that are specific to certain eye conditions. Examples of the features include:
- Colour blindness filter differentiates the colours normally occluded by some eye conditions
- Filter reduces the brightness of colour wavelengths to reduce glare and eye fatigue
- Dynamic contrast provides better contrast differentiation across an image with gradients or shadows
- Text and object edge enhancements better define details help
Please click above on the tab: Unique, Patent Pending Viewing Modes for more information about the viewing modes.
Unique, Patent Pending Viewing Modes:
- ColourSight+™ colour blindness enhancements which shift specific colours to assist colour differentiation in real-time. These filters are intended to improve contrast for protanopia (colour blindness to red), deuteranopia (colour blindness to green), and tritanopia (colour blindness to blue).
- GlareGuard™ attempts to maximise comfort during long-term use by minimising pain from light sensitivity. This feature reduces the wavelengths of light associated with such pain. It is designed to achieve comfort while maintaining luminance and contrast levels acceptable to the user. Although we believe every eye condition can benefit from this feature, it is highly recommended for macular degeneration and retinitis pigmentosa.
- EdgeScribe™ edge enhancement modes attempt to improve object recognition by removing visual clutter.
- Edge enhancement makes the edges of objects in an image stand out against the background.
- Edge-only mode removes colours, only showing the lines and edges of objects in view.
- Edge smoothing reduces visual noise in high-contrast modes.
- Aptiview™ algorithm dynamically adjusts the contrast in different parts of the image, which could improve the viewing experience in more lighting conditions than previously possible.