Pearl OCR Camera
Instant Portable Access to Printed Material
The folding PEARL camera deploys in seconds to connect to your PC and snap a picture of your reading material. It uses the OpenBook 9.0 software to provide instant OCR (Optical Character Recognition). Hear your book read back to you with Eloquence or one of the human-sounding voices from RealSpeak Solo Direct..
Use the PEARL to read books, newspapers, magazines, and bills. The OpenBook Software identifies columns and places them in logical reading order. Change the language setting to read foreign language documents with native speaking voices.
OPENBOOK - CAPTURE YOUR PAGE THEN..
Display the text so that it wraps on the screen, enlarge the font, change the font style, and change the foreground and background colours. Have the individual words spotlighted as they are spoken.
In automatic mode, the PEARL senses motion, so it knows to snap an image whenever you turn a page. Place your paperback novel sideways, and the PEARL will snap two pages at a time and maintain the pagination.
PEARL needs OpenBook software to work. If you already have OpenBook, you can upgrade to the current version and purchase the Pearl Camera separately.
- Lightning fast portable OCR with feature rich OpenBook.
- Connects to a single USB port - no battery or external power supply required.
- Convert printed text to human-like speech in seconds.
- Scan 20 pages per minute while reading.
- Scan bound books and maintain pagination.
- Supporting semi-live video mode for orientation and magnification without the need to take a picture.
- Wrap the text to fill the screen.
- Exports to other applications like Microsoft Word or Notepad.
- Create MP3 or WAV files.
- Convert OpenBook files into Grade II Braille formats.
- Read Daisy files from Bookshare.org.
- Folds to a compact 350 x 75 x 55 mm package.
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.